MINISTRY OF FINANCE
F.No.S.Misc.12/2009 EDI-AIR Date:30.03.2009
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 09/2009
Sub: Online transmission of Licences/Authorisations issued under Duty Exemption Scheme (DES) and Export Promotion Capital Goods Scheme (EPCG) – Reg.
- - - - -
Attention of the CHA/Import-Export trade is invited to the Public Notices 51/97-Air dated 27.11.1997, 163/99-Air dated 26.11.1999 and 231/2003-Air dated 05.12.2003, wherein procedure relating to registration of Licenses/Authorizations issued under Duty Exemption Scheme (DES) and Export Promotion Capital Goods Scheme (EPCG) has been laid down. In terms of these Public Notices, various procedures related to imports and exports under above schemes like registration, monitoring of exports obligation and redemption of bonds/LUTs etc. are carried out at this port.
2. In pursuance of the Board’s Circular No. 3/2009 dated 20th January, 2009 issued from F. No. 605/70/2008-DBK and in order to facilitate the trade, a procedure for online transmission of Shipping Bills and Licenses/Authorizations issued under Duty Exemption Scheme (DES) and Export Promotion Capital Goods Scheme (EPCG) from DGFT to Customs and vice versa through an Electronic Message Exchange System is being operationalized at this Port in respect of DES / EPCG licences issued on or after 1st April 2009.
3. As per the
procedure prescribed by DGFT, Exporters apply for Advance licenses under Duty
Exemption Scheme (DES) and licenses under Export Promotion Capital Goods Scheme
(EPCG) to DGFT. As per
4. The licenses under above mentioned schemes issued by DGFT would be received online by Customs. Such licenses would be subjected to the prescribed online validation checks at ICEGATE and thereafter, the same would be available for use by the exporters at the port of registration for imports. Details of such licenses would also be available on the home page of website, www.icegate.gov.in. As mentioned above, exports under DES can be started immediately after receipt of file number message from DGFT by quoting the relevant File Number allocated by DGFT on the export documents. After issuance of licenses, exporters would be required to quote the relevant license number on the export documents.
5. The present procedure of registration of file number / license number and obtaining a Customs Registration number at this port would be dispensed with and henceforth the license number and Customs Registration Number would be one and the same. As the licenses issued under DES / EPCG will now be received online from DGFT and would be available at this port, Importers would be required to produce the hard copies of the licenses issued by DGFT along with bonds / LUTs and execute BG in accordance with the provisions of the Customs Circulars in force and as per the statutory requirements of the relevant Customs Notifications, to the designated officer, at this port as this port is the port of registration in the licenses, for raising debits in bonds / LUTs and monitoring such bonds / LUTs. Importers are required to quote the license number on the respective Import documents in case they intend to use the licenses. No manual debits would be made in hard copies of licenses at the time of assessment of Bills of Entry for imported cargo.
6. For monitoring of export obligation under licenses issued by DGFT under above mentioned schemes, Customs would transmit online all such Bills of Entry and Shipping Bills to DGFT wherever imports / exports have been effected under licenses received online from DGFT under DES / EPCG schemes. DGFT would transmit online an Export Obligation Discharge Certificate (EODC) in prescribed format containing details of Shipping Bills to Customs which would also be made available at this port. Based on this EODC, the designated officer at this port would release the bonds / LUTs and the BG, if any, after causing necessary verifications.
7. For any amendment in licenses issued under above schemes by DGFT, importer would obtain a log print of usage of license in prescribed format. DGFT would process amendment(s) of license based on log print of usage of license issued by Customs and transmit online the necessary amendment(s) of license to Customs. No imports under such license would be allowed after issuance of log print till the amendment message is received from DGFT.
8. The above
procedure would be applicable in respect of file numbers/
Licenses/Authorizations issued under Duty Exemption Scheme (DES) and Export
Promotion Capital Goods Scheme (EPCG) on or after
9. Difficulties, if any, may be brought to the notice of the undersigned.
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS
(AIRPORT & AIR CARGO)
// ATTESTED //
ASST. COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (EDI)